|Book Details :|
- Chapter 1. PV markets and applications.
- Chapter 2. Safety basics.
- Chapter 3. Electricity basics.
- Chapter 4. Solar energy fundamentals.
- Chapter 5. PV module fundamentals.
- Chapter 6. System components (definitions).
- Chapter 7. PV system sizing principles.
- Chapter 8. PV system electrical design.
- Chapter 9. PV system mechanical design.
- Chapter 10 Performance analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Photovoltaics (PV) is a method of making electricity from light with a semiconductor, usually silicon. Silicon is the same material from which a computer chip is made.
The solar industry is growing at light speed and now is time to get involved, to take part in reducing pollution and to take advantage of a great career opportunity.
By passing the NABCEP Entry Level Exam, you will have demonstrated that you are solar PV smart and ready to work in the fastest growing industry in the world.
This book is intended to help students learn the material on the exam in a reasonable time, while not getting overloaded with too much information.
We will save the advanced material for another book, so you do not get overwhelmed. Some of the more difficult material, such as voltage temperature calculations, will be covered multiple times in different ways throughout the book.
This book is intended to be read and retained. Reading this book will be the most efficient time spent by busy people preparing to pass the NABCEP Entry Level Exam.
The NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam covers material, which is organized at www.nabcep.org into ten learning objectives:
1. PV Markets and Applications
2. Safety Basics
3. Electricity Basics
4. Solar Energy Fundamentals
5. PV Module Fundamentals
6. System Components
7. PV System Sizing Principles
8. PV System Electrical Design
9. PV System Mechanical Design
10. Performance Analysis, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The chapters in this book will match the ten learning objectives. There will be a special section at the end of the book focusing on voltage and temperature calculations, practice exam questions and definitions.
This book explains the science of photovoltaics (PV) in a way that most people can understand using the curriculum which reflects the core modules of the NABCEP Entry Level Exam.
Whether or not you are taking the NABCEP Entry Level Exam, learning the material covered in this book is the best investment you can make towards your place in the solar industry.
Providing complete coverage of the NABCEP syllabus in easily accessible chapters, the book addresses all of the core objectives that will aid in passing the PV Entry Level Exam, including the ten main skill sets:
• PV Markets and Applications
• Safety Basics
• Electricity Basics
• Solar Energy Fundamentals
• PV Module Fundamentals
• System Components
• PV System Sizing Principles
• PV System Electrical Design
• PV System Mechanical Design
• Performance Analysis, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
You will learn how to survey a site, how to use the tools that determine shading and annual production, and the importance of safety on site.
The text includes technical math and equations that are suitable and understandable to those without engineering degrees, and are necessary in understanding the principles of solar PV.
This study guide is written by Sean White, an IREC-Certified Solar PV Master Trainer, Electrician, NABCEP-Certified PV Installation Professional, Professor and Installer.
Sean has prepared thousands of students to take the NABCEP Solar PV Entry Level Exam.