Plumbing Book 2 Level 3 Apprenticeship (9189), Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma (8202), and Level 3 Diploma (6035) by Stephen Lane and Peter Tanner | PDF Free Download.
Plumbing Book Contents
Coldwater systems, planning and design
- The legislation relating to the installation and maintenance of cold water systems
- Coldwater system layouts
- Backflow protection in plumbing systems
- Design techniques for cold water systems
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults in cold water systems and components
- Commissioning cold water systems and components
- Servicing and maintenance of cold water systems
Hot water systems, planning, and design
- Different fuels in domestic hot water systems
- The types of the hot water system and their layout requirements
- Specialist components in hot water systems
- Design techniques for hot water systems
- The installation requirements of hot water systems and components
- Testing and commissioning requirements of hot water systems and components
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults in hot water systems and components
- Servicing and maintenance of hot water systems
Central heating systems, planning, and design
- Types of central heating system and their layout requirements
- Design techniques for central heating systems
- Positioning central heating system components
- Installation, connection, and testing requirements of electrically operated central heating components
- Commissioning central heating systems and components
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults in central heating systems and components
Advanced sanitation and rainwater systems
- The legislation relating to the installation and maintenance of sanitation and rainwater systems
- System layouts of sanitation systems
- Design techniques for sanitation and rainwater systems
- Commissioning sanitation systems and components
- Servicing and maintenance of sanitation and rainwater systems
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults in sanitary systems and components
- The principles of electricity
- The legislation relating to electrical work and the control of plumbing and domestic heating systems
- The types of electrical system and layouts
- Performing pre-installation activity prior to undertaking electrical work on plumbing and domestic heating
- Safe isolation procedures
- Safe installation and testing of electrical equipment
- Diagnosing faults and safe repair of electrical work
Advanced environmental technology systems
- The legislation relating to micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies
- Heat-producing micro-renewable energy
- Water conservation technologies
- Electricity-producing micro-renewable energy
Domestic fuel systems
- Factors affecting fuel selection
- Combustion processes of fuel supply systems
- Principles of chimneys and flue systems
- Plan work schedules for a system installation
- Plan for careers in building services engineering
- The requirements to become a qualified operative in building services engineering
Preface to Plumbing Book 2 Apprenticeship Advanced Technical Diploma
Introduction to The Plumbing Qualifications
You are completing one of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Plumbing (8202-35)
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (6035-03)
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating (9189).
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma and Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies are for learners who are interested in developing the specific technical and professional skills that can support development towards becoming a plumber, progressing from Level 2 qualifications.
The Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating is the on-program qualification for the Plumbing and Heating Technician Apprenticeship and is designed to provide the apprentice with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and core behaviors that are expected of a competent Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician operating in a number of regulated areas.
How to Become a Plumbing and Heating Technician
To become a fully recognized plumber, you must complete the following:
- Plumbing and Heating Technician Apprenticeship (9189).
The 8202 Advanced Technical Diploma and 6035 Level 3 Diploma provide the knowledge and practical skills to prepare you for an apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship and 9189 Level 3 Diploma will give you an understanding of suitable on-site skills and further knowledge required to work in the plumbing industry.
Once qualified, there are many specialist qualifications available, such as environmental technology systems and designing and planning complex water systems.
How to Achieve your Qualification
The requirements for successfully obtaining your qualification depend on which program you are enrolled in.
8202 and 6035
Level 3 is assessed using one multiple-choice examination and one practical synoptic assignment. For the synoptic assignment, a typical brief might be to install cold water supply and hot water distribution pipework connected to all sanitary appliances.
You will need to draw on skills and understanding developed across the qualification content in order to consider the specific requirements of the particular system and related plumbing principles and carry out the brief.
This includes the ability to plan tasks, such as plants, materials, and equipment for installation, and apply the appropriate practical and hand skills to carry them out using appropriate tools and equipment.
You will also demonstrate that you are following health and safety regulations at all times by drawing upon your knowledge of legislation and regulations.
The exam draws from across the content of the qualification, using multiple-choice questions to:
- confirm the breadth of knowledge and understanding
- the test applied knowledge and understanding – giving the opportunity to demonstrate higher-level integrated understanding through the application, analysis, and evaluation.
Level 3 is assessed using multiple-choice tests and practical assignments. These will happen at the end of each phase of learning, with there being four phases in total. Learners will also be expected to keep a work log for the duration of the program.
The apprenticeship is assessed separately to the on-program qualification and is assessed by an end-point assessment (EPA).
In order to progress through the end-test gateway to end-point assessment, you must complete the following:
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating qualification (9189)
- Level 2 Maths
- Level 2 in English.
The graded EPA will be comprised of the following assessment methods:
- multiple-choice test
- design project
- practical installation test
- practical application test
- professional discussion.
Download Plumbing Book 2 Apprenticeship Advanced Technical Diploma in PDF Format For Free.