|Book Details :|
Electrical and Electronic Principles and Technology 5th Edition introduces the principles which describe the operation of d.c. and a.c. circuits, covering both steady and transient states, and applies these principles to filter networks, operational amplifiers, three-phase supplies, transformers, d.c. machines and three-phase induction motors. In this edition, new material has been added for downloading from the website. The following free internet downloads are available with this edition (see page x):
1. Full solutions to all 540 further problems contained in the Practice Exercises available to both students and staff.
2. Background information about 25 Engineers/ Scientists mentioned in the text.
3. Many further downloads available to instructors/lecturers to make the teaching an easier experience.
This fifth edition of the textbook provides coverage of the following latest syllabuses:
1. ‘Electrical and Electronic Principles’ (BTEC National Certificate and National Diploma, Unit 5) – see Chapters 1–10, 11 (part), 13 (part), 14, 15 (part), 18 (part), 21 (part), 22 (part).
2. ‘Further Electrical Principles’ (BTEC National Certificate and National Diploma, Unit 67) – see Chapters 13, 15–18, 20, 22, 23.
3. Parts of the following BTEC National syllabuses: Electrical Applications, Three Phase Systems, Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits, Aircraft Electrical Machines, and Telecommunications Principles.
4. Electrical part of ‘Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Technicians’ (BTEC First Certificate).
5. Various parts of City & Guilds Technician Certificate/Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Principles/Telecommunication Systems, such as Electrical Engineering Principles, Power, and Science and Electronics.
6. ‘Electrical and Electronic Principles’ (EAL Advanced Diploma in Engineering and Technology).
7. Any introductory/Access/Foundation course involving Electrical and Electronic Engineering Principles.