Download PDF of Advanced Electrical Installation Work Eighth Edition for free.
The Author of Advanced Electrical Installation Work
Trevor Linsley is the editor of Advanced Electrical Installation Work 8th Edition PDF Book.
Main Contents of Advanced Electrical Installation Work PDF Book
- Chapter 1 C&G unit 201/501: Health and safety in building services engineering.
- Chapter 2 C&G unit 301: Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems.
- Chapter 3 C&G unit 302: Principles of electrical science
- Chapter 4 C&G unit 303: Electrical installations: Fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Chapter 5 C&G unit 304: Electrical installations: Inspection, testing and commissioning.
- Chapter 6 C&G unit 305: Electrical systems design.
Preface to Advanced Electrical Installation Work eBook
The 8th Edition of Advanced Electrical Installation Work has been completely rewritten in six chapters to closely match the six units of the City and Guilds 2365-03 qualifi cation. The technical content has been revised and updated to the requirements of the new 17th edition of the IET Wiring Regulations (incorporating Amendment 3: 2015) and BS 7671. Improved page design with new illustrations gives greater clarity to each topic.
This book of electrical installation theory and practice will be of value to the electrical trainee working towards:
- The City and Guilds 2365 Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures);
- the EAL Diploma in Electrotechnical Services;
- The City and Guilds 2399 series of Environmental Technologies Qualifi cation;
- The SCOTVEC and BTEC Electrical Utilization Units at Levels II and III.
Advanced Electrical Installation Work provides a sound basic knowledge of electrical theory and practice which other trades in the construction industry will fi nd of value, particularly those involved in multi-skilled activities.
The book incorporates the requirements of the latest regulations, particularly:
- 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (Incorporating Amendment 3: 2015);
- British Standards BS 7671: 2008 (Incorporating Amendment 3: 2015);
- Part P of the Building Regulations, Electrical Safety in Dwellings 2006;
- Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005;
- Work at Height Regulations 2005.
Acknowledgements of Advanced Electrical Installation Work
I would like to acknowledge the assistance given by the following manufacturers and professional organizations in the preparation of this book:
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology for permission to reproduce regulations and tables from the 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations;
- The British Standards Institution for permission to reproduce material from BS 7671: 2008 (incorporating Amendment 2011);
- Crabtree Electrical Industries for technical information and data;
- RS Components Limited for technical information and photographs;
- Stocksigns Limited for technical information and photographs;
- Wylex Electrical Components for technical information and photographs;
- iStockphoto and Shutterstock for photographs;
- Martindale-electric.co.uk for technical information and photographs;
- Tenby electrical products for photographs;
- Legrand photographs visit legrand.co.uk for more information.
I would like to thank the many college lecturers who responded to the questionnaire from Taylor & Francis the publishers regarding the proposed new edition of this book.
Their recommendations have been taken into account in producing this improved 8th Edition. I would also like to thank the editorial and production staff at Taylor & Francis the publishers for their enthusiasm and support.
They were able to publish this 8th Edition within the very short time-scale created by the publication of the new 3rd Amendment to the 17th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations.
A special thank you must also go to my colleague John Gallagher, an electrical installation lecturer at Blackpool and The Fylde College, for writing the new section on preparing for the online assessment examination.
Finally, I would like to thank Joyce, Samantha and Victoria for their support and encouragement.
Download PDF of Advanced Electrical Installation Work by 8th Edition Trevor Linsley for free | Download Free PDF.