Edwin Prakoso is the editor of Drawing Management with AutoCAD Sheet Set PDF Book.
Sheet Set is a great tool to manage your project’s documentation. You can collect and manage all of your drawings to a Sheet Set. This will let you and your team access it easily during the design process. Sheet set also allows you to share common information to all drawings in Sheet Set.
It allows you automate tasks, related to project’s documentation. For example, you only need to change project name once. The text in all drawings in the same Sheet Set will change automatically (Drawing Management with AutoCAD Sheet Set by Edwin Prakoso).
These capabilities will help you to manage your drawings document easily. This e-book will guide you to create your own Sheet Set and utilize it. You will learn how to create your own sheet template, set up Sheet Set, create sheets and use tools in Sheet Set Manager to make you more productive.
You need to know AutoCAD basic features before using this Drawing Management with AutoCAD Sheet Set by Edwin Prakoso e-book. The skills that you need to know are:
1. You need to know how to work with AutoCAD dynamic blocks.
2. You need to know how to create and use block attributes.
3. You need to know how to work with layout and viewport
4. You need to know how to work with text fields. You will use them in this Drawing Management with AutoCAD Sheet Set by Edwin Prakoso e-book, but they are not covered in details here.
This Drawing Management with AutoCAD Sheet Set by Edwin Prakoso e-book provides drawing data sets. You can use them to do the exercises. You can download the datasets separately here: http://www.cad-notes.com/download/SSM_datasets.zip You need to extract the files to your hard drive. There are two folders in the zip file:
1. SSM final : completed exercises, the finished exercise.
2. SSM exercise: data sets that you can use to create template, blocks and drawings in this tutorial Extract them to a location to let you access them easily.
Part 1 – Introduction to Sheet Set
- Advantages of Using Sheet Set.
- What is a Sheet Set?
- What are the advantages of using Sheet Set?
- Exploring Sheet Set Manager.
- Opening Sheet Set Manager.
- Opening a Sheet Set.
- Opening a Sheet.
- Project Information.
- Automatic Sheet List.
- Publish the Whole Project.
- Sheet Views.
- Placing views to sheet.
Part 2 - Preparation
- Creating a Template.
- Page Setup.
- Creating Title Block.
- Adding Attributes.
- Creating Custom Fields.
- Creating Title Block as a Block.
- Saving Drawing as a Template.
- View Title and Callout Block.
Part 3 – Configuring Sheet Set
-Creating Sheet Set from Scratch.
- Sheet Set Example.
- Sheet Set Details.
- Creating Subset.
- Working with Custom Properties.
- Creating Custom Properties.
Part 4 - Working with Sheet Set
- Adding Existing Layout.
- Importing Layout.
- Changing Sheet Number.
- Sorting Sheets.
- Adding New Sheet.
- Drawing in New Sheet.
- Creating a Drawing with Multiple Sheet.
Part 5 - Working With Sheet Views
- Working with Saved View.
- Placing Views on Sheet.
- Changing View Name and Number.
- Adding Callout Block.
Part 6 – Sheet Set Automation
- Creating Drawing List.
- Archiving/Transmitting Project.
- Publishing Project.