|Book Details :|
- Chapter 1. Not just bricks and mortar.
- Chapter 2. The challenges of constructing major tunnels in Central London.
- Chapter 3. How things you can’t see can cause problems.
- Chapter 4. The contest with groundwater for underground space.
- Chapter 5. Mobilization for a tunnel project in an urban environment.
- Chapter 6. Siting the North River wastewater treatment plant.
- Chapter 7. Getting along with the existing infrastructure.
- Chapter 8. Exterior wall renovation in urban areas.
- Chapter 9. Community relations and urban design: the New York Psychiatric Institute case study.
- Chapter 10. Building under a city street.
- Chapter 11. We’ve got an historic landmark, now what do we do?
- Chapter 12. Turning archaeological problems into assets.
- Chapter 13. Trees in urban construction.
- Chapter 14. Building for high performance.
- Chapter 15. Construction labor in the urban setting.
- Chapter 16. Women in construction.
- Chapter 17. University of Washington case study.
Download Construction in Cities Social, Environmental, Political and Economic Concerns by Patricia J. Lancaster in PDF format for free.