|Book Details :|
The object of Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes is to assist students and professional engineers to design prestressed concrete structures using Eurocodes 1, 2 and 8. Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes book is assumed that the reader is familiar with the design of reinforced concrete structures.
Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes is suitable not only for professional engineers familiar with prestressed concrete design but also for use in university courses as sufficient introductory material has been included.
Eurocodes related to design in structural concrete are very substantial documents and the present Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodeshas been kept to a manageable length by confining the attention to rules related mainly to prestressed concrete design.
All important clauses are discussed in detail and their use illustrated by copious examples. Complete calculations are given for all numerical examples. Grateful acknowledgements are extended to the following individuals and organizations for help in writing the book
• Mr. Paul Stainrod and his staff from CCL Ltd for many of the photographs reproduced in Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes book.
• Mr. Hans-Rudolf Ganz, Ms. Renata Kunz-Tamburrino and Ms. Christine Mueller-Sinz from VSL Ltd systems for many of the photographs reproduced in Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes book.
• Ms. Birgit Etzold-Carl of Dywidag Prestressing systems for many of the photographs reproduced in the Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes book.
• Mr. Ken McColl, Computer Manager, Department of Civil Engineering, Glasgow University, for assistance with computational matters.
• Professor Simon Wheeler, Head, Department of Civil Engineering, Glasgow University, for support and encouragement.
• Dr. Lee Cunningham, Senior Structural Engineer, Blackpool Council, for technical help.
• My family: Sheila, Arun, Ranjana, Sujaatha and Amit, for constant encouragement and moral support.
• British Standards Institution for permission to quote from Eurocodes. Permission to reproduce from British Standards is granted by BSI.
British Standards can be obtained in PDF or hard copy formats from the BSI online shop: www.bsigroup.com/Shop or by contacting BSI customer services for the hard copies only: Tel: +44(0) 20 8996 9001, Email:[email protected]