AutoCAD is the industry leader among all CAD products. It is the most widely used CAD software. The commands and concepts introduced by AutoCAD are utilized by other systems.
As a student, learning AutoCAD provides you with a greater advantage as compared to any other CAD software. Autodesk Inventor as a topic of learning is vast, and having a wide scope. It is package of many modules delivering a great value to enterprises.
It offers a set of tools, which are easy-to-use to design, document and simulate 3D models. Using this software, you can speed up the design process and reduce the product development costs. This book provides a step-by-step approach for users to learn Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
It is aimed for those with no previous experience CAD. Each chapter has components explained with the help of real world models.
This book is written for students and engineers who are interested to learn AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor for designing mechanical components and assemblies, and then create drawings.
• Chapter 1, “Introduction to AutoCAD 2018”, gives an introduction to AutoCAD. The user interface and terminology are discussed in this chapter.
• Chapter 2, “Drawing Basics”, explores the basic drawing tools in AutoCAD. You will create simple drawings using the drawing tools.
• Chapter 3, “Drawing Aids”, explores the drawing settings that will assist you in creating drawings.
• Chapter 4, “Editing Tools”, covers the tools required to modify drawing objects or create new objects using the existing ones.
• Chapter 5, “Multi View Drawings”, teaches you to create multi view drawings standard projection techniques.
• Chapter 6, “Dimensions and Annotations”, teaches you to apply dimensions and annotations to a drawing.
• Chapter 7, “Parametric Tools”, teaches you to create parametric drawings. Parametric drawings are created by using the logical operations and parameters that control the shape and size of a drawing.
• Chapter 8, “Section Views”, teaches you to create section views of a component. A section view is the inside view of a component when it is sliced.
• Chapter 9, “Blocks, Attributes and Xrefs”, teaches you to create Blocks, Attributes and Xrefs. Blocks are group of objects in a drawing that can be reused. Attributes are notes, or values related to an object. Xrefs are drawing files attached to another drawing.
• Chapter 10, “Layouts and Annotative Objects”, teaches you create layouts and annotative objects. Layouts are the digital counterparts of physical drawing sheets. Annotative objects are dimensions, notes and so on which their sizes with respect to drawing scale.
• Chapter 11, “Templates and Plotting”, teaches you create drawing templates and plot drawings.
• Chapter 12, “3D Modeling Basics”, explores the basic tools to create 3D models.
• Chapter 13, “Solid Editing Tools”, covers the tools required to edit solid models and create new objects by using the existing ones.
• Chapter 14, “Creating Architectural Drawings”, introduces you to architectural design in AutoCAD. You will design a floor plan and add dimensions to it.
• Chapter 1 introduces Autodesk Inventor. The user interface and terminology are discussed in this chapter.
• Chapter 2 takes you through the creation of your first Inventor model. You create simple parts.
• Chapter 3 teaches you to create assemblies. It explains the Top-down and Bottom-up approaches for designing an assembly. You create an assembly using the Bottom-up approach.
• Chapter 4 teaches you to create drawings of the models created in the earlier chapters. You will also learn to place exploded views, and part list of an assembly.
• Chapter 5: In this chapter, you will learn additional modeling tools to create complex models.
• Chapter 6 introduces you to Sheet Metal modeling. You will create a sheet metal part using the tools available in the Sheet Metal environment.
• Chapter 7 teaches you create Top-down assemblies. It also introduces you create mechanisms by applying joints between the parts.
• Chapter 8 teaches you to apply dimensions and annotations to a 2D drawing.
• Chapter 9 teaches you to add 3D annotations and tolerances to a 3D model.
|If you need to buy the hard copy of this Ebook, Click here|
Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 and Inventor 2018 Tutorial by Tutorial Books easily in PDF format for free.