Android Studio 3.0 Development Essentials Android 8 Edition | PDF Free Download.
Android Studio Contents
- Setting up an Android Studio Development Environment
- Creating an Example Android App in Android Studio
- A Tour of the Android Studio User Interface
- Creating an Android Virtual Device (AVD) in Android Studio
- Using and Configuring the Android Studio AVD Emulator
- Testing Android Studio Apps on a Physical Android Device
- The Basics of the Android Studio Code Editor
- An Overview of the Android Architecture
- The Anatomy of an Android Application
- Understanding Android Application and Activity Lifecycles
- Handling Android Activity State Changes
- Android Activity State Changes by Example
- Saving and Restoring the State of an Android Activity
- Understanding Android Views, View Groups and Layouts
- A Guide to the Android Studio Layout Editor Tool
- A Guide to the Android ConstraintLayout
- A Guide to using ConstraintLayout in Android Studio
- Working with ConstraintLayout Chains and Ratios in Android Studio
- An Android Studio Layout Editor ConstraintLayout Tutorial
- Manual XML Layout Design in Android Studio
- An Android ConstraintSet Tutorial
- A Guide to using Instant Run in Android Studio
- An Overview and Example of Android Event Handling
- Android Touch and Multi-touch Event Handling
- Detecting Common Gestures using the Android Gesture Detector Class
- implementing Custom Gesture and Pinch Recognition on Android
- An Introduction to Android Fragments
- Using Fragments in Android Studio - An Example
- Creating and Managing Overflow Menus on Android
- Animating User Interfaces with the Android Transitions Framework
- An Android Transition Tutorial using beginDelayedTransition
- Implementing Android Scene Transitions – A Tutorial
- Working with the Floating Action Button and Snackbar
- Creating a Tabbed Interface using the TabLayout Component
- Working with the RecyclerView and CardView Widgets
- An Android RecyclerView and CardView Tutorial
- Working with the AppBar and Collapsing Toolbar Layouts
- Implementing an Android Navigation Drawer
- An Android Studio Master/Detail Flow Tutorial
- An Overview of Android Intents
- Android Explicit Intents – A Worked Example
- Android Implicit Intents – A Worked Example
- Android Broadcast Intents and Broadcast Receivers
- A Basic Overview of Threads and AsyncTasks
- An Overview of Android Started and Bound Services
- Implementing an Android Started Service – A Worked Example
- Android Local Bound Services – A Worked Example
- Android Remote Bound Services – A Worked Example
- An Android 8 Notifications Tutorial
- An Android 8 Direct Reply Notification Tutorial
- An Introduction to Android Multi-Window Support
- An Android Studio Multi-Window Split-Screen and Freeform Tutorial
- An Overview of Android SQLite Databases
Preface to Android Studio 3.0 Development Essentials Android 8 Edition
Fully updated for Android Studio 3.0 and Android 8, the goal of this book is to teach the skills necessary to develop Android based applications using the Android Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE), the Android 8 Software Development Kit (SDK) and the Java programming language.
Beginning with the basics, this book provides an outline of the steps necessary to set up an Android development and testing environment.
An overview of Android Studio has included covering areas such as tool windows, the code editor, and the Layout Editor tool. An introduction to the architecture of Android is followed by an in-depth look at the design of Android applications and user interfaces using the Android Studio environment.
More advanced topics such as database management, content providers, and intents are also covered, as are touch screen handling, gesture recognition, camera access, and the playback and recording of both video and audio.
This edition of the book also covers printing, transitions, and cloud-based file storage. The concepts of material design are also covered in detail, including the use of floating action buttons, Snack bars, tabbed interfaces, card views, navigation drawers, and collapsing toolbars.
In addition to covering general Android development techniques, the book also includes Google Play specific topics such as implementing maps using the Google Maps Android API and submitting apps to the Google Play Developer Console.
Other key features of Android Studio 3 and Android 8 are also covered in detail including the Layout Editor, the ConstraintLayout and ConstraintSet classes, constraint chains, and barriers, direct reply notifications, and multiwindow support.
Chapters also cover advanced features of Android Studio such as App Links, Instant Apps, the Android Studio Profiler, and Gradle build configuration.
Assuming you already have some Java programming experience, are ready to download Android Studio and the Android SDK, have access to a Windows, Mac or Linux system and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.
Download Android Studio 3.0 Development Essentials Android 8 Edition in PDF Format For Free.